Instagram

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What Did You Do for Yourself Today?

"What did you do for yourself today?" This is the question my husband has started asking me daily, because I tend to put myself last a lot. 

For me, sometimes it's as simple as just taking a shower or putting on some makeup; but yesterday I took a walk along a beach on Vandenberg AFB during low tide.

Walking along the beach by myself is one of my favorite things, and I try to do it at least once a week. It helps me to slow down, re-center and re-focus when I get too caught up in the hustle and bustle that life sometimes creates.  (AND... when I go, I never think that I am going to find something new to see, but I ALWAYS find something new and beautiful every time!)

 
 Since I went during a really low tide, I got to see some amazing things. Just to be able to see places that are so untouched by man is so beautiful. It also makes me feel small, but in a good way. As cheesy as it sounds, it makes me feel like there is so much more beauty in this world that I have yet to see and appreciate.

 


I've realized how important it is to REMEMBER do something for yourself each day. That it's not selfish to focus on yourself for a little while during the day- even if it's 15 minutes. Taking care of yourself allows you to be better at taking care of others in your life.












So... What did YOU do for yourself today?

No comments:

Post a Comment