Instagram

Monday, March 4, 2013

Tofu Cheesecake?!


When I first got this recipe from my mother in law, I thought to myself, "WHAT? Tofu cheesecake?? That CANNOT taste good!"

Well, I was wrong! This recipe is definitely worth a try.  Especially if you're like me and need a diet higher in protein to help sustain energy without eating a ton of unhealthy "filler" foods. This tofu cheesecake is very healthy and great "brain power" food. Joe and I both love eating this for breakfast.

For 1 slice (1/8) of cheesecake, I calculated a total of 12g protein and 5g fat.
Ingredients!
Tofu Cheesecake
 Combine all in a food processor:
1C firm tofu
1C low fat cottage cheese
1C Vanilla yogurt (I used Greek yogurt for 22g of protein per cup rather than only 6g with regular yogurt)
3/4C Sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Blend until very creamy. Pour into one large or two small vanilla wafer or graham cracker crusts (or even gluten free pie crust if you are on a gluten-free diet. There are many recipes for gluten free pie crusts on the internet)





Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes (until knife comes out clean in center and cheesecake has light golden brown color)



Chill thoroughly. Top with fresh strawberries or your favorite fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment