Instagram

Friday, October 17, 2014

Baby Updates: October

Baby Shower!

Joe organized a co-ed baby shower/barbeque ("Baby-Q") for me, and surprised me with a visit from my dad and my aunt! Oh my goodness, it was an emotional weekend to say the least; full of so much love and excitement. We were so overjoyed by all the people who came to help us celebrate Isabelle, and I was not expecting such a large turnout. We feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives! Here are some photos from the weekend (taken mostly by my dad):


What a beautiful day!

Decorations put up by my dad & aunt

Me with my aunt Robin!















Decorations

My aunt Robin and my dad

In Isabelle's room before the shower


All the guys! Joe is in the bright teal shirt.


All the girls gathered around for presents. (The guys took all the kids and played some games outside).

Emotional day! Such sweet gifts.

Maternity Photos!

We had our wonderful and talented friend take some maternity photos of us. We wanted to have the photos taken on the beach because it best represents our time here in California. Here is a preview of some of the photos.  I can't wait to see the rest of them!








Here are some other things we've been up to:


Joe and I went to Babcock Vineyard in Lompoc to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary on October 3rd. We had a wonderful time together with a picnic lunch outside in the shade. We only took a short walk around the vineyard because it was a hot day- almost 100 degrees out!
A knit sweater I made for Isabelle. It was my first attempt at knitting sweater. The pattern was much easier than I thought, and I had so much fun knitting it! For those interested, here is the free pattern: Autumn Leaves Sweater

I loved this yarn so much (Valley Yarns Stockbridge, a 50% Alpaca, 50% wool blend), that I also made a beanie to match the sweater. I went ahead and couldn't resist making myself a matching hat as well (hehe!). Here is the free pattern for the hats: Purple Stitch Project Beanie


I wanted to make Isabelle some comfy, girly bow headbands, so here they are. I found the sewing tutorial online, and they were super easy and fun to make. Find the tutorial here
Testing out the color match and sizing (not to dress up a stuffed dog). This photo just makes me laugh.

We got a sweet gift of a jogging stroller and infant car seat set. Thank you to Grandpa Mike and Grandma Georgine! Sophia got to have the first ride, and she actually loved it. We can't wait to use it with Isabelle to take her on all our adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment